20100411

RSP : Drill #1

Had drill from from 1900 on 20100409 til about 1400 today. It pretty much sucked the whole time. The only highlights of the weekend were chow time, down time before bed, and going home. Unfortunately, we didn't really have down time on Friday night, so Saturday night was definitely better. As a whole, I definitely saw it as a learning experience and a good workout. I'm pretty excited about the fact that I'm not dead right now.

So on Friday, we had the PT test out in the cold. I didn't pass unfortunately, but I do know what to work on now. After the PT test, we got cots to sleep on. I actually took a shower after set-up and it only took me about 5 minutes. I went to bed after that and have Fire Guard from 0130 - 0200 Saturday morning.

Woke up on Saturday around 530 or so. Got ready for PT, which was really crucial. Eat breakfast, which wasn't too bad. Had my Red Phase class pretty much all day. Got smoked a couple of time with everyone from Red Phase. I definitely don't enjoy getting smoked. Need to work on pretty much everything right now. After Red Phase class, we had dinner. That was the highlight of my weekend. It was pretty fucking amazing food for Army food. We were suppose to watch "The Patriot", but had technical difficulties, so we just had a lot of down time. Went to sleep around 2300 because we had to be up at 0500 on Sunday.

Sunday was pretty crucial. Like I said, we had to get up at 0500 to pack up all our shit, clean up the bathroom, get ready for formation, and put away cots. We had formation and then left for the 4.5 mile march. I regret wearing the boots because they gave me horrific blisters. When we got back, all the girls got smoked for the condition of the bathroom and locker room. Apparently they weren't up to par with the standards of a Colonel. We got to clean the locker room and eat lunch. After lunch, everyone in Red Phase had to take the Red Phase test. That was one of the easiest tests ever. Then we had the watch the Suicide Prevention movie, which wasn't too bad, but definitely not exciting. After that, everyone had to clean the hallways, drill deck, bathrooms, and the locker rooms. We had final formation, where we got smoked again. Finally went home after that. I never wanted to go home so badly.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's pretty intense. Proud of you! What does "getting smoked" mean?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting smoked is pretty much having to do drills by yourself. It was a lot of push ups, flutter kicks, and overhead arm claps.

    ReplyDelete